Must be present to win at the 2019 A Night of Southern Elegance on November 2.
Tickets are $100 each or 3 tickets for $250.
Drawing Giveaway | A Night of Southern Elegance
How much are tickets?
Tickets are $100 each or 3 tickets for $250
How many tickets can I get?
There is no limit on the amount of tickets you can purchase. Only 250 tickets are available.
What does my ticket make me eligible for?
Your ticket makes you eligible to receive a live auction item of your choosing. You must pick ONE and once the bidding starts on any live auction prize you are no longer eligible for that prize.
What are the taxes on the live auction item (prize), and what do I have to do if I win it?
The IRS has adopted the position that the $100 ticket price is not deductible as a charitable donation for Federal income tax purposes. The IRS requires that taxes on prizes valued greater than $5,000 must be paid upon acceptance and before Fayette Cares, Inc. may deliver the prize to the winner. Winners are encouraged to consult a tax professional. The taxes on the prize are the responsibility of the winner. The IRS requires Fayette Cares, Inc. to collect the taxes before the transfer of property. Winners will be issued 1099s for the fair market or appraised value of the prizes they win. Winners must pay taxes of 25% of the fair market or appraised value of the prize to receive it from Fayette Cares. If you have questions, winners should consult with their CPA as to specifics.
Who is eligible to get tickets and win?
You must be a U.S. legal resident and 18 years of age or older to participate and to win any prize. Fayette Cares employees, Board Members, prize donors, event contractors, and raffle promotion volunteers of Fayette Cares, Inc. and their immediate families aren't eligible to participate.
What are the odds of winning?
Odds of winning are dependent on the number of tickets sold and will not exceed 1:250. All tickets have an equal chance to win.
Do I have to be present to win?
Yes, you must be present to win. Winners will be announced by name, not ticket number.
How do I receive my prize?
After you chose your live auction prize at the event, we'll also send you a Winner Notification Agreement, which will be sent by certified mail, return receipt U.S. Mail to the address provided by that winner at the time of ticket reservation. Each winner will have 7 days from the date of his/her receipt of the Winner Notification Agreement to accept the prize by executing and returning the Winner Notification Agreement and accept the prize "as is".
May I claim my ticket as a tax deduction?
Fayette Cares, Inc. drawing tickets aren't tax-deductible. When you get a ticket, you're signing up for a chance to win a prize.
How much of the proceeds actually go to Fayette Cares?
100% of the proceeds go directly to Fayette Cares and its mission: Empowering those in need with solutions to end homelessness, break the cycle of domestic violence, and create stability and self-sufficiency from crisis.
What types of live auction items are available?
Every year we get new, great items from our valued supporters. This year's list has not yet been finalized. You may view last year's items to get an idea of what types of trips, packages, events, and more will be available.
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply:
- A ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of one of the live auction items and, upon winning, terms and conditions in the “Winner Notification Agreement,” the terms of which are hereby incorporated by reference. Winning tickets shall be selected by random drawing and all participants have an equal opportunity to win. Odds of winning will not exceed 1:250.
- Tickets, receipts and the winners’ rights are not transferable. Winners MUST be present to win. Tickets must be purchased prior to 7:50pm (CST) Saturday, November 2, 2019. One random drawing with one winner for a first place will be conducted at MCR Safety located at 685 US-72, Piperton, TN 38017 at approximately 8:10pm on Saturday, November 2, 2019.
- Winners must accept prizes “AS IS, WHERE IS,” subject to all latent and patent conditions, with absolutely no express or implied warranties of any kind by Fayette Cares (“FC”).
- Winner will be notified at the event, and as each live item is introduced for bidding the winner will be asked if that is the live auction item that they chose. If that item is not chosen, the winner will have the option to choose a subsequent item. Choices are final and cannot be changed. In addition the winner will receive a follow up notification in writing in the Winner Notification Agreement (“WNA”), which will be sent by certified, return receipt U.S. Mail to the address provided by that winner. Winner will have seven (7) days from the date of receipt of the WNA to accept the prize by executing and returning the WNA pursuant to the terms stated therein. Failure to execute and return the WNA and accept the prize “as is,” timely, and pursuant to the terms stated in the WNA, will automatically result in forfeiture of the prize, with no substitution or alternative prize available to the original winner.
- Prize will not be awarded, and will be forfeited, if the ticket was issued in exchange for a check returned for any reason including “insufficient funds” or for a credit card charge deemed “declined,” “invalid,” or “stolen.”
- Prizes may not be substituted or exchanged by winner. FC may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a featured prize is unavailable.
- The IRS has adopted the position that the ticket price is not deductible as a charitable donation for Federal income tax purposes.
- All sales of raffle tickets are final and there will be no refunds.
- FC does not rent or sell its donor or supporter list information to third parties.
- Winner shall have no rights in prize until the prize is fully and unconditionally accepted by winner by the timely execution and return of the WNA and until complete delivery of the prize is made to winner. All prizes remain the sole property of FC until unconditionally accepted “as is, where is” by winner.
- Purchase of a ticket is permission for FC to use the name, picture, video image, and relevant quotes of buyer.
- Winner is subject to all Federal and State income taxes and any other taxes payable due to acceptance of the prize and the law, regulations, procedures, rules and directives applicable to raffles. All Federal, State and local laws relating to the transfer, ownership or use of the prize applies. Prize shall not be transferred until all legal requirements have been met. The IRS requires that taxes on prizes valued greater than $5,000 must be paid upon acceptance (25% of the fair market value) and before FC may deliver the prize to the winner. Winners are encouraged to consult a tax professional.
- If there is more than one name on an entry, the prize will be awarded to the first name listed on the entry as the winner, so long as that person is 18 years old or older and a U.S. resident. It is the sole responsibility of the winner in a multiple party entry to allocate any prize among the participants in that entry.
- Purchase of this ticket constitutes full agreement by the purchaser that he/she agrees with all terms and conditions set forth herein.
- You must be a U.S. legal resident and 18 years of age or older to participate and win a prize. Employees, board members, and advisory board members of FC and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. The following groups, their employees, and their immediate families are not eligible to purchase or win any prize:
- Prize donors and their immediate families
- Event contractors to include those who provide printing services, telephone services and any records, devices or other gaming related supplies and their immediate families
- Raffle promotion and operations team members
- “Immediate Family” is defined as the spouse, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This definition also includes individuals for whom an employee is the current legal guardian or individuals who are not legally related to but who reside with an employee. (“Step” relationships also are covered by this definition.) The determinations of FC are final and binding with respect to any matter arising out of the interpretation or application of these terms and conditions.
- FC maintains no control of the personnel, equipment or operations of any prize donor and assumes no responsibility for any financial loss, personal injury, property damage, other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which winners may experience by reason of (1) performance/nonperformance by any supplier; (2) wrongful, careless, negligent, or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any supplier or its employees, or on the part of any other party not under the control of FC; or (3) any acts of God, acts or omissions of third parties, damage or loss associated with any terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures, disease, local laws, climatic conditions, or other conditions or developments. FC shall in no event be liable for special or consequential damages arising from the use or ownership of any prizes. Participants hereby release FC from any such claims.
- Must be a U.S. resident and 18 years of age or older to sell, purchase or to participate in any way and to win any prize.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- This is not a solicitation. This is for informational purposes only.